Any fan of HBO’s GIRLS will be familiar with its central fiesty protagonist, Hannah Horvath, portrayed by writer and creator of the show, Lena Dunham. The Golden Globe© winning actress and writer created a character so complex and interesting that sometimes its hard to distinguish if you love her or hate her! Although her warm smile and big heart for everyone makes her likeable and fun, Hannah is also notoriously self-absorbed and here we look at ten hilariously self-centered quotes that make us laugh, cry and cringe.
- “I just want someone who wants to hang out all the time and thinks I’m the best person in the world and wants to have sex with only me”
- “I don’t want to freak you out, but I think I may be the voice of my generation”
- “I have work, then a dinner thing, and then I am busy trying to become who I am”
- “Am I seriously the only one of us who prides herself on being a truly authentic person?”
- “The worst stuff that you say sounds better than the best stuff that some other people say” (Hannah to herself)
- “And no one even began to tell me what was next for my e-book” (to Jessa, after her editor David’s death)
- “It’s made me want to find a hole in the world, in the shape of me, and just fill it up”
- “I feel like I hold the keys to the prison that is my mind”
- “You are from New York, therefore you are just naturally interesting” (Hannah to herself)
- “If anything, I think I’m just too smart and too sensitive, and too, like, not crazy, so that I’m feeling all these big feelings and containing all this stuff for everybody else”
GIRLS: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON is out on DVD and Blu-ray from 12th January 2015, courtesy of HBO Home Entertainment and is available to own and watch instantly via blinkbox now.
We hope you're enjoying BRWC. You should check us out on our social channels, subscribe to our newsletter, and tell your friends. BRWC is short for battleroyalewithcheese.